Hudson and Madeline

Hudson and Madeline

Friday, April 20, 2012

Applesauce Cake

Suddenly... I've turned into Martha Stewart.
The nesting phase of pregnancy? Perhaps. Who knows- I blame everything on the pregnancy (poor Madeline). Or maybe it's the fact that I know in 5 1/2 short weeks I won't be able to cook or bake anything for a while, so I'm trying to get it all out of my system? I have no idea...but, oddly, having never, ever made one, I have been completely OBSESSED with bundt cakes! I've made four in the last four weeks. I won't mention who's eating them, but I'll say this, it's not Hudson.

As many of you know, Hudson is an incredibly picky eater. He won't eat cake, cupcakes, muffins, pancakes, french toast...the list goes on. As strange as I think it is (I mean, I could live on these foods alone), I realize this is actually a positive, so I really shouldn't complain that he's not much of a sweet tooth. He does, however, love to bake and cook and helps me in the kitchen almost every day. For this week's bundt cake I thought we'd try one Hudson might (MIGHT) like, an Applesauce Cake. The child could (seriously) live on applesauce. If nothing else, he REALLY enjoyed helping bake this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment