Hudson and Madeline

Hudson and Madeline

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Balancing Act



Well, this photo pretty much sums up what Hudson has been up to these days. He climbs on everything, and I do mean everything. A few days ago he was climbing around on the dining room table and managed to bust open his lip. For those of you keeping track, this is busted lip #2. I hear there will be many more in our future. Boys. You might be wondering why I was allowing my child to climb around on a table. I'm wondering the same thing. I always thought I'd be one of those moms who could watch and control everything their child did. Let me just say, it isn't possible. Having a child sure does change your outlook on parenting. I could write pages and pages and pages on this topic alone, but I'll save that for when I have 5 spare hours to kill.

In other news...Hudson had his very first day of school today with NO crying. None at all. Now, I need to give him a little more credit here... He's actually been doing really well the last two weeks. Generally he cries when we pull up to school briefly and then again when I leave. I'm told it's just for a few minutes and the rest of the time he's fine. Today was the very first day there was no crying at all! YAY, Hudson! I was also told that he was more outgoing and talkative today and he's been eating his snacks more consistently. Hudson also gets upset when we leave school and I have to assure him, we'll be back tomorrow. He's finally settling in and I am happy to report that both mommy and Hudson are enjoying our new schedules.

No comments:

Post a Comment