Hudson and Madeline

Hudson and Madeline

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Today is a better day. Every day since Monday has been a better day. This morning I woke up thinking, today IS going to be a better day, too. Then I came to the realization that really, all we can ask for every day is that each day is better than the day before. When you have a really, really bad day that's all you can do is hope for a better day.

Since the last few blog posts have been a little difficult to read, I thought everyone could use a laugh, and leave it to the Hud to give us one.

I posted a photo of Hudson wearing his red sunglasses over the weekend, you probably remember seeing it. I've included several more in this post, since he wears them all the time now. He absolutely loves the red sunglasses (again, which he chose himself) and often refuses to take them off. Yesterday was no exception. We had to make a quick trip to Target, and Hudson insisted on wearing his red sunglasses inside of the store. I decided this was something I could live with, so I didn't push the issue.

We got a lot of laughs and "he's so cute" comments, which are always nice to hear. But, the best part of the story is....well, there's a guy that works at target, he's an older fellow with a long white beard, he's worked there as long as I can remember, a nice guy. As we walked past him in the store, he noticed Hudson's sunglasses and commented on how "cool" they were and then kept walking. Immediately Hudson yelled as loud and as joyfully as possible, "SANTA!!! SANTA!!! SANTA!!!". I just pretended like I didn't know what he was saying, with a shrug of my shoulders and a puzzled look on my face, but I knew darn well, Hudson thought he was Santa. I guess all those stories and pictures of Santa we showed Hudson in an effort to make the "sitting on Santa's lap" experience better really paid off. Good work, Ma-ma and Da-da.






No comments:

Post a Comment