Hudson and Madeline

Hudson and Madeline

Friday, October 15, 2010

standing up



Yesterday Hudson achieved yet another big milestone...he can stand up all by himself now! When I walked in to get him up from his nap, there he was standing in his crib looking right at me and smiling. Unfortunately this new achievement does not help us much in the napping department since he automatically associates his crib with practice time now.

Also, I've hestitated to mention this for fear of jinxing it, but his naps have actually lengthened over the last few weeks, and I am very optimistic that this is a new trend for him. Yesterday was his best nap day so far, with an hour and 20 minute nap in the morning and an hour and 35 minute nap in the afternoon. Wow! I actually had to go in and check on him because I was worried. Sad, I know, but this kid's usual nap is 35-40 minutes, so naturally I was worried. I am REALLY enjoying this new development and keeping my fingers crossed that it continues! I can't believe how much I was able to accomplish in the time I had while he napped- a different world- truly!

On another note, Daddy is taking charge this weekend while I head off to Las Vegas to meet my sister for the weekend (daddy was insistent that I take a weekend off, what an AMAZING husband I have!). This will be the first time I've been away from Hudson for more than a few hours, so yes I am VERY nervous about it. Though I know his daddy will take good care of him, and I think they'll actually have a fun weekend - just the two of them. Maybe daddy will even post to the blog??

No comments:

Post a Comment