Hudson and Madeline

Hudson and Madeline

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Farmer's Market-Ballard

One of the things I love about Seattle, is that it's kind of like New York in the sense that it's actually quite small, but it's got a whole bunch of little neighborhoods within it, each with it's own greatness. In New York, you've got Soho, Chelsea, Grammercy Park, Midtown, Upper East side, and my personal favorite, the Upper West Side, to name a few.

Well, here in Seattle you've got all of these great little neighborhoods, too, each with their own greatness. Magnolia, Greenlake, West Seattle, Phinney Ridge, Ballard, and my personal favorite, Queen Anne, to name a few.

Hudson's school is across the Ballard bridge from us, in Phinney Ridge. Both Ballard and Phinney are great little neighborhoods, but I have to say, Ballard is really growing on me and after our trip to the Farmer's Market this morning, I continue liking it more and more.

I have really missed living near a Farmer's Market. Ok, they DO have one in Dallas but it is NOT the same as the ones I grew up with in California. Not even close. I am so excited that we live near a year-round farmer's market in Ballard! It was really, really great. BTW- Queen Anne does have a Farmer's Market down the street from us but it's only June-October.

Hudson and Madeline both had a good time at the Farmer's Market. Hudson really liked this little boy who was basically a juggling master and he loved the toy store we popped into. Maddie loved the mini cinnamon-sugar doughnuts, I mean LOVED them. I'm pretty sure Hudson has never had a doughnut, and I'm also pretty sure that won't change any time soon.

It was a beautiful day in Seattle.













No comments:

Post a Comment