Hudson and Madeline

Hudson and Madeline

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Catching Up

Time is moving really, really fast lately, so much so that I feel like I can't keep up with posting as much as I'd like. The good news is that even though I'm not posting as much, I'm keeping up with everything via my phone's camera, so here's a brief recap of the last few days.

It's been BEAUTIFUL here. No, it hasn't worn off yet. I'm still in awe of this beautiful city every day, even in the gloomy rain, it's beautiful. I'm actually quite surprised I haven't had a little fender-bender checking out the views. There are views EVERYWHERE you look and if you're not careful you'll drive off of Queen Anne hill looking at them.

Anyways, with the sun coming out we've been at our little neighborhood park a lot lately, well, even if the sun isn't out we go, it's really a must in the Akins household, so we just make do, rain or shine. We've got "gear" now. So we head out in our "gear". It's really not an issue, as much as people try to tell you it will be, I don't really get it. It's just rain, people. Geez. I will admit that the grey-ness, the sort-of gloom that lingers for many days in a row does sort-of get to you, how could it not? But, it's still not enough to keep us away, we're really happy with our move and our seriously STUNNING city.

Give this little lady a "mum-mum" and she's happy.

Hudson was "making pizza" at the park.
It's that imagination of his at work again.
Here he is giving Maddie a piece of his "homemade pizza".
Who knew he could cook?
Yes, folks, we have officially entered the "danger zone".
To-do ASAP- install baby gates- everywhere.

He's really into the tummy-slide lately.

So, Hudson's school had a "sweetheart" party, several weeks past Valentines, which was a little confusing to me, but okay...it was very cute and the kids were all just darling. Although Hudson loves to sing and dance, you would have never known from this little show. He just froze. He literally did not utter a peep. Poor guy. He is really, really shy in these situations, and I didn't really expect much. I did actually video it, but sadly, it's just not very post-worthy, since he's just sitting there. I thought I could at least put a few pics from the show up for you anyways. Ah, maybe next year....

There he is, right smack dab in the middle.

Yeah, this was about all he did for the entire show.

Today we checked out a new park.
Quite possibly Hudson's favorite thing was the sandbox.
I was impressed that people just leave toys in it for others to enjoy.
How cool is that?
This would never happen in Dallas.
Ever.
Kerry Park view today.
Holy cow, it was so, so pretty.
Can you see Mt. Rainier in the background?
Hudson looks HUGE to me here.
When did he become this little kid?!?!
What happened to my toddler?

So, we lost our view spot, and here, not only can you not see Mt. Rainier,
but Maddie is wearing the space needle as a hat.
Oh well.
I still thought it was a cute pic with the way the kids are looking at each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment