Hudson and Madeline

Hudson and Madeline

Monday, February 25, 2013

See's





This weekend we stopped in to the See's candies store. I can't tell you how much this made my day. I LOVE See's candies and they didn't have them in Texas, except for one year during the Christmas season. I saw them at little cart in the mall, but then never again.

You see, aside from just being so, so yummy, See's candies have special sentimental meaning to me. Every year since I was old enough to remember, my grandparents would send us See's candies. Holiday, birthdays, you name it, we got some See's. I loved getting the box and I knew exactly (and still do to this day) where my favorite ones were. I can remember going in to the See's candies store with my grandparents as a little girl, getting a free sample and choosing some other yummy candies. It was always such a treat and something I remember fondly. I miss my grandparents so much and think of them often.

Now we have our very own See's candies store and I can start a new tradition of taking my kiddos into them and choosing some yummies for themselves. Although the Hud doesn't like chocolate (which I find baffling), so I'm not sure what he'll choose...




No comments:

Post a Comment