Hudson and Madeline

Hudson and Madeline

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happenings

I got so spoiled with Scott not working for three weeks. I could really get used to it... now we just need to win the lotto to make that happen. I'm buying tickets daily. This "stay at home mom" business would be so much easier if I had a partner. If only. One can dream, right?

Honestly, I'm enjoying my kiddos a lot this week, just me and them. It's our new "normal" and day by day, it's becoming more and more comfortable.

I love our new neighborhood so much I don't know if anyone will be able to convince me to live anywhere else. Ever. It's that good.

So far- things I miss about Dallas:
1. Sylvie. Number 1, for sure, without a doubt the one thing I miss the most is Sylvie. Hudson's old school and teacher. Nothing else compares, sincerely. It just kills me...
2. I miss our house, our little house that so often I complained about and now realize how wonderful it was. We took such good care of it, we loved it and it was ours. It's just a whole different world being in a rental. I feel like a college kid again. BUT...I do love the neighborhood we're in and could not be happier with our location.
3. Shopping. Do I really need to elaborate here? It's Dallas. Shopping is what Dallas does best. Even grocery shopping is the best in Dallas.
4. Tex Mex. I'm pretty sure there is nothing even remotely close here. Malena's Taco shop up the street will suffice. Malena makes a good taco.
5. Camp Bow Wow. Our poor dogs are so bored. We either need a dog walker or some doggie day care. STAT.

Regarding the blog, I've been trying to post more often, but life's been getting in the way again, so for now I'm sharing a ton of photos from this week, I hope you enjoy them. They make me laugh and smile. I love these two and I am so lucky to be with them all the time.



Where did Papa go?
He's the only one who can do this!

This has to be some kind of yoga position.
This girl is determined.
If she wants it, she's gonna get it.


He rarely let's me take his picture anymore.
He's so handsome.
And quite possibly the sweetest kid EVER.

He thinks when he puts his "lovey" on his head
that it's the funniest thing in the world.
Being a kid is so awesome.


Such a happy, happy baby.


This cracks me up!
She just started trying to drink from a sippycup.
For some reason, when she does, she throws one hand up in the air (as seen above).
It's like a dance move or something.
It's hilarious.


Here's the one-handed move again.


Now this is how I like waking up in the morning.
With both of my babies smiling at me.
Wonderful.


Here it is again.
I can't get enough!
It makes me laugh every time!!


Look,  I got a smile! 


Even with food all over her, so adorable.
And so HAPPY!


I love putting on my daddy's shoes. 


Discovering herself.
Or just another cute baby she's really interested in.


At the REI store today for a little indoor fun.


At REI.
When you go to REI in Seattle, you get waterfalls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment