Hudson and Madeline

Hudson and Madeline

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My Morning with Hudson

Last Saturday I spent the morning with Hudson. We started out at swim class and then headed to Starbucks for some much needed coffee (for me, obviously) and a snack for the Hud. I'd been looking forward to our morning together all week. There just aren't a whole lot of opportunities for us to spend time together without Madeline and I really think it's important that we make an effort to do so on the weekend.

I'm pretty sure I was more excited about our morning together than the Hud was, but it was only a matter of time before my patience grew a little thin...

Here's the thing- we've been working on potty training for quite some time now, and I feel confident in saying, we're 100% there.
Done.
Mission accomplished.
Yippee!
Hooray!
Victory!
Adios diapers, hello underpants.
WOO-HOO!

But, and this is a big BUT...there are moments when I wish he was still in diapers. When could those moments possibly be, you ask? The moments when you've been at Starbucks for half an hour, sitting 5 feet away from a somewhat clean (comparatively speaking) public bathroom and you ask Hudson if he needs to use the potty. He replies, "No, no thanks," and we move on to our next destination. Then 30 seconds after he is buckled in and we're driving down the road he starts saying, "I need to go pee-pee! I need to! I need to go!" and then accompanies his screaming with a horribly uncomfrotable, borderline painful look on his face as he keeps screaming, "now!!"

UGH.
Are. You. Serious!?!

So...I'm forced to pull into the nearest gas station (ick, ick, ick!) so Hudson can go pee-pee. With strict instructions not to touch one single thing in that not-so-clean public bathroom, we got in and out and we were on our way. Ick!

Needless to say, not what I was looking for on my morning adventure with the Hud, but it comes with the territory, right? Oh-well, I'm certain this won't be the last time this happens. I better just get used to it, and carry chlorox wipes with me everywhere!!

All in all, we had an enjoyable time and I got some cute pics to post here for all of you!


I know it's blurry, but it's tough to get action shots with a phone camera...
Snacking at Starbucks
Hanging out by the fountains while waiting to get a haircut.
I love this smile! I love this kid SO much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment