Hudson and Madeline

Hudson and Madeline

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Madeline had her 1 month check up this morning, her stats are as follows:

Weight- 10 lbs, 3oz., in the 90th%
Height- 22.5 inches, in the 95th%
So, that's 2 lbs. and 2 inches in 2 weeks!

Here are some things we know about Maddie already:

Prefers to be held ALL the time, even for nighttime sleeping. Hello, "bed sharing". Desperate times call for desperate measures. A girl has to sleep.

Likes to eat. A lot. A lot. A lot. Hence the 2 lb. weight gain in 2 wks. Chubby baby coming soon.

Despises car seat and riding in the car and therefore will cry the entire time. Is absolutely not a fan of the pacifier and looks highly insulted when you offer it to her. Therefore, there is nothing you can do in the car but listen to her cry. It's awful. I hope this changes soon. Gray hairs are sprouting up all over my head! HELP.

Is absolutely precious and beautiful and watching her sleep is peaceful and wonderful and she's already growing too fast! Wish I could slow things down a bit, the newborn stage just doesn't last long enough!

Hudson is staying busy at home, he's really into Playdough, loves his train track, and is drawing up a storm lately. Oh, this makes his mommy one happy lady.

The days are tough when I'm all alone, and I try to tell myself that it won't be like this for long, so even when I'm trying to nurse Madeline while simultaneously cut fruit w/one hand, all while trying to get Hudson to put his underpants back on after he uses the potty (this is a struggle every time he uses the potty) I try to take a deep breath and remind myself, some day I'm gonna miss this...

Weekends are pretty wonderful when the four of us are together as a family. I have to say, one thing I've learned over the years, and especially now that I have children, is that family is everything. It's the most important thing in life, and knowing that Scott and I have created our own little family...well, there is just nothing better. We have so much to be thankful for and so much to look forward to. Life is good.



He insisted on rainboots, it wasn't raining and we were inside all afternoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment