Hudson and Madeline

Hudson and Madeline

Thursday, August 8, 2013

I think every parent (especially those of us with multiple young children, who choose to stay home with said young children) have moments where they think, why did I have children??

I mean, all you have to do is log in to facebook to have one of these moments.

Within minutes you're viewing someone's photos who at the present moment is "checked in" at the Four Seasons Punta Mita, sipping an ice cold Margarita on the beach, no kids in sight and not a care in the world. I find myself daydreaming of how I wish I was the one in Punta Mita sipping margaritas on the beach...and then suddenly- I snap out of it, look around and ...

...Hudson's very carefully and completely intentionally writing on the couch with a ballpoint pen and Madeline has just put all of her socks into her diaper genie and 10 minutes later Hudson's tackled Maddie for the 10th time that morning and there's crying and screaming and someone's tired and someone's hungry and someone's having a tantrum/fit/cry-fest and I think to myself....WHY DID I HAVE KIDS?

And then...you have one of these moments and you know exactly why you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment