Hudson and Madeline

Hudson and Madeline

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

more Seattle

Every time we visit Seattle I am so in awe of the beauty that surrounds the city. I find myself envious of all of the people who get to call Seattle home. Yes, I've heard that the weather is terrible most of the year, it's dark, it's gloomy, and I'm sure this would bring even the happiest person down a little. To be fair, I haven't spent much time in Seattle during the gloomy days of those winter months, so I can't say I understand what everyone complains about. But I will say this, Seattle beats Dallas any day of the year and that's a fact. Hands down without a doubt...Even on a foggy, cool morning it's absolutely beautiful. Please see the evidence below.



A few months ago I decided it was time to go visit my gramma (Hudson's great gramma) who is living at the Wyatt House on Bainbridge Island, west of Seattle. I was originally going to take a quick trip by myself since it's a long way to go with a toddler, but I knew my gramma would enjoy seeing the Hud, and I knew Scott would welcome the opportunity to spend some time with his family, too. So away we went. There simply is never enough time to see and do all of the things you'd like to while we're there, and it is very difficult to come home to 110 degrees of yuckiness, but, I digress...we really enjoyed our trip to Seattle and Bainbridge Island and are already trying to find some time to make it up to the Northwest again.



The Hud wasn't too thrilled about hanging out in a retirement home, so Scott took him into Seattle to visit his family while I stayed on Bainbridge Island and visited my gramma. I had an amazing couple of days with her and am so thankful for my wonderful husband who took over with Hudson so I could have some time with my gramma. Thank you, sweetheart. XO



Here he is...I know it isn't a great photo of Hudson, but I thought Scott looked especially handsome in this photo, so I felt it was blog-worthy.



This was one of my favorite places on Bainbridge Island, Bainbridge Gardens. So beautiful! Not only is it full of flowers which are all alive and blooming, unlike the flowers in Dallas which all died months ago...but there is a fabulous cafe in the gardens with fresh, organic and healthy, yummy food which we all enjoyed for lunch one afternoon. You would never know I didn't like Dallas, would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment