Hudson and Madeline

Hudson and Madeline

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

teething continues and a new friend






Well, one thing's for sure this morning...Hudson has some teeth coming in...again. Wow, is he cranky!! We're talking a whole new level of irritability here. He already has 8 teeth, but I think he's working on his first molars which I read start coming in between 10-14 months. I've got lots of proof for this theory...1.) he's waking up EARLY- 5:45AM to be exact...have I mentioned I'm not happy about this??, 2.) he's constantly got his hand in his mouth (see image #1), 3.) he is whiny and fussy when he is awake, 4.) he wants to be held all the time. Let's just say I'm really hoping this comes and goes quickly. Fingers crossed.
In other news, Hudson and I were at the park yesterday when a little boy named Alex came over and introduced himself to us. He took a liking to Hudson immediately and proceeded to spend an hour of his afternoon talking to, playing with and entertaining Hudson. Nevermind the fact that his nanny never even glanced our way while the child she was supposed to be watching spent an hour with a stranger (me) and her child. Nothing surprises me these days...
Hudson wasn't sure what to think of Alex at first. He's very skeptical by nature (wonder who he gets that from?) and isn't handing out smiles to just anyone. Hudson makes you work for it. Well, this little boy certainly did. The highlight of our hour came when Alex asked if he could push Hudson on the swing. I figured this was okay, but quickly wondered if I'd made a mistake when Alex asked if he pushed hard enough would Hudson go upside down....hmmm.....let's not find out. It was a fun afternoon, and when we left the park we had a new friend who asked if we'd be back tomorrow. Yep, probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment