Hudson and Madeline

Hudson and Madeline

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Two

I honestly can not believe I'm writing this blog...

Already?!

TWO!?!??!

A lot has happened in the last two years, maybe that's why it has literally flown by. I'm sad about that. Maybe it's because I know there are no other babies in my future, and I LOVE babies. Maybe it's because Maddie was such a happy, easy, cuddly baby and selfishly, I don't want to trade that in for the "terrible-two" year-old she's becoming. Tantrums, tantrums and fits, oh-my. Well, like it or not, you're growing up, my dear and here is what I want to say to you on your second birthday.

My sweet baby girl,

You are two. You are beautiful, so beautiful. You are silly. You are affectionate. You are strong. You are fearless. You are independent. You are very smart. Very, very smart. You are just truly remarkable in so many ways. Your smile is contagious. You make friends everywhere you go (that smile is infectious, let's be honest here). Your courage is admirable. Your will is strong.

You remind me so much of me. Your daddy tells me all the time, "She is YOUR daughter. She is just like you!"

I don't know if it's supposed to, but that makes my heart smile. BIG.

Oh, little M, how you love and adore your brother, even when he tackles you and you get a boo-boo on your head, you still love him. You want to be with him all the time, you want to do what he's doing, you want to be "big" like him. You ask about him all the time, "Where Hudson is?", "Hudson seeping?" "Hudson school?" "WHY?!?" (Oh...the "why's" already....) I am so glad you have a bond with your brother, there is really nothing like a sibling. Especially one you're close to. I am so glad we have given that gift to you. He's a pretty great brother and he absolutely adores you. I love watching you two together. The sound of your laughter is the best part of my day, every day. I can't imagine anything better.

You LOVE your daddy. You wake up very, very early, every day (no matter what we do), so you get to spend a little time with daddy in the morning when the rest of the house is still trying to sleep. You love your time with Daddy and when he gets on the "city bus" in the morning, you wave goodbye to him and say, "bye-bye daddy!" Then, every time we see a city bus you say, "daddy's bus!" I think you think he rides around on the bus all day long until it comes back to our house and he gets off the city bus. You are always so excited to see Daddy. He gives you your bath every night, puts you in your pajamas and sings to you at night. He adores you and would do anything for you and your brother.

Maddie-loo, to me, you will always be my baby girl, my little tiny, carry-you-everywhere, rock-you-to-sleep, speak-on-your-behalf baby. You love your mommy, love to kiss me, hug me, and snuggle with me. You ask to play with me in your playroom every day, "mommy, cook!" "Mommy, yay-gos! (AKA- legos)"...oh, the list could go on and on.

Precious girl, I have such a special bond with you, and I hope that as you grow and become even more independent, you'll know that you can always come back to me. I will always be here, for you, to carry you, rock you, and speak on your behalf. I will always, no matter what, unconditionally, without judgment, love and respect you and who you are. I am so very proud of you. I'm proud that you're MY DAUGHTER. Proud when people see you and smile, and comment on your overwhelming amount of cuteness, your confidence, your independence, that you are mine. You are mine, you are daddy's, you are Hudson's sweet baby girl. We love you, so, so much. Happy, Happy 2-year Birthday, angel girl.

XOX
Mommy








No comments:

Post a Comment