Hudson and Madeline

Hudson and Madeline

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Library

Yesterday I took both kids to the library. It was nothing short of a complete and total disaster. I do not plan to do it again until Maddie is at least 3. Here's how it went down:

In the car I explained that at the library we use our inside, "whisper voices", that the library is a quiet place and that if we aren't quiet we'll have to leave. Well, obviously Maddie wasn't listening (no surprise) because she started babbling loudly (VERY loudly) the minute we walked in. Then, Hudson  ran over to the children's section and asks (loudly) where all the train books are. Clearly, he wasn't listening either. Strike 1.

Meanwhile Maddie has pulled at least 10 books off the shelves and they are now all over the floor. I'm following behind the "tornado" picking them up one by one, but I don't know where they go and she just keeps going, pulling more and more books down and giggling all the while. She then takes every single stuffed animal out of a bin and scattered them around the floor (there were probably 20). She continued by climbing on the benches and chairs, still babbling and giggling (loudly) all the while. Strike2.

While this was going on, Hudson continued to ask me where the train books are and he's beginning to get frustrated that no one (meaning me) is helping him locate the train books. Poor guy. I did the best I could to help him find some books he'd enjoy, but it's not easy to do when you're chasing a "tornado".

While I'm looking at books with Hud, Maddie fell off the chair she was climbing on, bumped her head and started crying and screaming. I started getting those annoying looks from everyone at the library, you know the ones that say geez, lady, this is the library, get your loud, obnoxious kids outta here... Strike 3.

OK, we're OUTTA here!

I told Hudson to quickly choose his books because we had to leave, so he did, and just as I thought this disaster of a situation was about to be over, Hudson yells as loud as he possibly can, "MOMMY, I NEED TO GO POO-POO!"

AWESOME.

Good grief, I need a vacation. BAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment