Hudson and Madeline

Hudson and Madeline

Thursday, September 9, 2010

check-ups, cheerios and tornados



Yesterday was a big day for Hudson!! He had his 9 month check-up with the pediatrician, experienced a major down-pour (some might say, Monsoon) on our way to the Doctor, and survived our first tornado warning, and it was scary!!

Overall his check up went great!! Statistics for his 9 month visit are:

Weight, 25 pounds, 4 0z. - >95% (off the charts!)
Height, 30" - 94% (almost off the charts!)

You might be interested to know Scott's statistics at his 9 1/2 month check up were as follows:

Weight, 25 pounds, 1 3/4 oz
Height, 30 3/4 inch

Like father, like son.

We covered lots of stuff at the check-up, and talked with Dr. Dunlap about getting a second DOC Band. We asked him his thoughts and wondered what he might do in this situation. He thought Hudson had shown great improvement and said if Hudson were his son, he'd be okay with the way his head looks now. He thought we should be happy with the results thus far and that if our insurance would be willing to cover the second helmet (or even a significant portion of it), we should do it again. This is a concern because the DOC bands are quite pricey- $3800 to be exact. Yes, you read that right, $3800. So, now we need to decide based on what our insurance will cover whether or not we want to get Hudson another DOC band. It's decision time. Stay tuned....

In other news, we had a pretty bad Texas storm yesterday, which scared me half to death! I can report that we are all fine, however thinking about it this morning makes my heart race again! Right about the time I was getting ready to give Hudson his bath and put him to bed, I heard tornado sirens going off. When I turned on the local news, they were basically instructing everyone in my area to get into shelter immediately! There was a tornado on the ground at Love Field airport and it was moving quickly in our direction (Love Field is 5.8 miles from where we live). So, carrying Hudson, I gathered up the dogs and the cat who were all looking at me like I was crazy and attempted to get us all into the closet under the stairwell. Being that this closet is jam-packed at maximum capacity with lots of stuff, it did not go well. In fact, it was quite a disaster! So on to plan B! Meanwhile, the news reporter was saying in the background "take shelter immediately! take shelter immediately!". We quickly moved into the hallway as I listened to the news from the other room. My heart was racing! This was by far the most scared I have been from a tornado warning in my life, and I've been through plenty of them! Perhaps it was the fact that I was clutching my 9 month old son thinking...our roof could blow off at any minute! We sat in the hallway together for about 15 minutes, until I heard the news reporter say the tornado had lifted and the storm had moved North of where we were. WHEW!
It was almost 7 at this point, and Hudson was getting tired. We had to skip his night-night bath and go right to bed. He was out within minutes! What a day he had! I am so thankful this morning that we are all okay, and our roof is still in tact.



1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! He already weighs more and is taller than Teddy! He is definitely going to be like Scott and I think Teddy will be just like Adrian. He wore his cute onesie you all sent him the other day and people raved about it! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete